PLA STEP START WALK N RIDE 12H345
STEP START WALK ‘N RIDE
ZOOOOOOOOM! Your child will love zipping around on his Step Start Walk N Ride. With bright colors and fun accessories to pull, twist, spin and roll, this colorful toy provides multiple ways to teach and entertain your child. Best of all, it’s two toys in one! Once your child masters walking and pushing the Step Start Walk n Ride, it transforms into a fun riding toy. He can pretend he’s just like mom and dad, driving along in his own car! This toy also encourages important developmental skills, including spatial awareness, fundamental movement skills and more!
It’s More Than Play… This Toy Also Teaches:
Fundamental Movement Skills
Gross Motor Skills
Fitness & Stamina
Fundamental Movement Skills
With bright, fun colors and snazzy accessories, the Step Start Walk n Ride encourages your child to stand, walk and push his legs as he rides. These activities all promote fundamental movement skills, or the ability to move the body from one place to another. These physical abilities develop from simple to complex, and require hours and hours of trial and error to master.
Gross Motor Skills
When your child uses his tiny arms to push the Step Start Walk n Ride or uses his little legs to propel it across the floor, he’s practicing gross motor skills. Having strong gross motor skills helps children understand how to use their limbs and control their bodies. Activities that encourage the use of large muscles, such as running, lifting and pushing are key to gross motor skill development.
Whether they’re just learning to stand or motoring along, the Step Start Walk n Ride encourages children to practice balancing. Good balance is a critical skill. Balance doesn’t just help children when they are riding a bike or hopping on one foot; it also helps children learn to sit still.
The Step Start Walk n Ride encourages midline development, which is the ability to make different movements with different sides of the body at the same time. When children are young, they cannot reach across the body with the right hand to grab something on the left, or vice versa. The Step Start Walk n Ride allows your child to practice bilateral, or mirrored movements, by encouraging him to use both sides of his body together to propel forward. Developing bilateral movements is the first step to strong midline development. As children learn to make both sides of the body work together, they also develop new connections between the two hemispheres of the brain. Once midlines have been learned and developed, your child’s preferred writing hand can begin to emerge.
As he dodges the dog and boogies behind the chair, your child is learning to manipulate a large toy around big obstacles. Navigating around objects helps children learn about space and how much room their body takes up. This skill is called spatial awareness. Children need to gain an understanding of spatial awareness to figure out how to move around without banging into other objects. Spatial development is an ongoing skill. As your child’s size changes, his center of gravity moves, and he’ll need to relearn where his body begins and ends. Boogying along behind the Step Start Walk n Ride is an entertaining way for him to learn these important abilities.
Fitness & Stamina
Whether he’s pushing the Step Start Walk n Ride and wobbling along behind it, or sitting on the toy and propelling it forward with his legs, your child is getting great exercise! Children don’t get fit at the gym they get fit when they’re bouncing, moving and playing. Toys with a raised level of aerobic activity are excellent for developing endurance, confidence and a healthy body. Physical activity also allows children to experience adrenaline rushing through their bodies. It is important for children to have adrenaline experiences so they learn how to respond when they are in stressful situations and need to make split-second decisions as an adult.
Want to join the fun? Playing with your child can boost his learning, and it gives him more time to bond with you! Try these simple tips to enhance your child’s play experience:
Use sidewalk chalk to draw a road on the pavement. Ask your child to follow the path with his Step Start Walk n Ride. Draw a stop sign and encourage him to practice stopping.
Play “Red Light/Green Light” to give your child practice starting, stopping and following directions.
Draw a parking spot on the pavement and ask your child to practice “parking” his ride. Find an extra set of keys and let him practice “locking” the car.
Ask your child to follow directions like go, stop, turn and freeze! Children learn concepts like forward, back, over, under, around, between, fast, slow when the words are repeated as they perform each action.
As your child maneuvers his Step Start Walk n Ride up the hall, between the couch and the chair, or around the table, say what he’s doing out loud. When children hear these terms mentioned as they move, it reinforces their understanding of these important concepts.
Recommended Age: From 9 Months and Above.
Note: Colors on the picture are for illustration only and might be vary from time to time.
Out of stock
- Plays up to 5 minutes of music, 8 different lullabies & soothing ocean sounds
- Soft, cuddly and soothing with a gentle, comforting glow
- Baby activates sounds with a gentle squeeze, learning about cause & effect
- Power/volume control
- Ships in Frustration Free Packaging
- Musical Rainbow Tea Party is a 10-piece set that lights up in six colors and features songs and surprises
- Tip the teapot to see it light up, hear fun sounds and see the "tea" move realistically
- Features 7 tea-time learning songs and 50+ phrases and sounds
- Teaches colors and matching, manners and greetings and counting
- Ages 1-3 years
- A rainbow of musical learning fun Select from 8 instruments and silly sounds to explore Music, Color/Colour, Number and Song modes
- Count along from 1 to 8 and play along with 8 fun preschool songs
- When pressed, each of the 8 colored/coloured key makes a corresponding ball pop up
- The Poppin' Play Piano is appropriate for children ages 12+ months
- Parents can connect to the online LeapFrog Learning Path for customized learning insights and ideas to expand the learning
- There's something exciting to learn on every page of the My First Scout Book™.
- Each spread of this touch-and-feel book will delight your baby as they explore the shiny pond, crinkly flower, peek-a-boo flap and baby-safe mirror.
- Hear an adorable welcome song and four sing-along songs that introduce your little one to numbers, letters, colors and shapes when you press the light-up button on this electronic baby book.
- Explore more learning on each page by pressing the soft page tabs to hear phrases and music.
- Help Scout find the hidden bone on each of the two-page spreads.
- Grab the handle on this soft book for babies and take it everywhere you go!